View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 20:25   #4
Peter

Peter will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't describe myself as a cheapskate but I am not in the habit of taking any gifts either. One reason is that buying gifts might seen by the mistress as a way of attempting to win her affection. In fact, this situation pertains to many relationships. Generally speaking, if anyone is thoughtful or pleasant towards me then those sentiments will be reciprocated. Perhaps, I may remember her birthday or give her a small gift at Christmas but my biggest gifts will be my trust, loyalty and support. All of these are, of course, dependent on whether I like and trust her as a person and a friend. I would never dream of taking flowers for one reason. Over on IC at the moment (I read it but don't contribute) there is a very entertaining thread on 'neighbours' in which one or two provocative posters are being savaged by a pack of mistresses. Now, depending on the number of clients a mistress might see a week, a regular procession of men turning up at the door with Interflora's finest might not be the most discreet approach in the world - especially if the client has been nervously parading up and down the street for ten minutes glancing at his watch at frequent intervals. Even worse if the flowers are bought in the corner shop! No guys, the more you look like the man from the Pru the less attention you will draw from the curtain-twitching locals.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote