View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 15:50   #2
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default Proximity and chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
Rather odd thing happened, at the last major Euro lottery I missed winning by one number on every single number. That is the number comes up 567 I had 456,this went through the entire sequence of numbers much to my amusement and frustration.

This got me wondering as potentially I could have been a multibillionaire (in your dreams sonny!) i began wondering, could I with unlimited funds live the life that I have always wanted i.e. to be permanently part of a dungeoned, latex Emporium.
Fret ye not CM, you were never close to being a billionaire, or even a richer millionaire. In a random selection of numbers such as the lottery there is no such thing as proximity. Apparent similarity of number sets carry no probabilistic meaning, that is merely a trick played by our pattern seeking minds (which often inherently struggle with the concept of randomness). All sets are equidistant from each other. As an example, instead of numbers, the 51 options could be a random collection of items, and nothing in the outcomes of the game would change, because the game is functionally invariant to the selection set. The selection (Blue Stilton, Mudguard, Poem) has no measure of proximity to the winning selection of (Seaweed, Hydro-electric dam, Suncream). Similarly (4,5,6) was no ‘closer’ to the winning (5,6,7) than any other set.

You are freed from the torment of a near miss.

As for living the life, it is an interesting consideration. I think just space and time is all that money can really help with. How much space and time would we want to live the life ? About £1m ? A house with a dedicated play-space and the time to play when the mood takes us ? What else would we need that can be bought ?

Money would become a burden when dealing with people, so I’d use it just for more space and time.

Kind Regards,
Rimmer.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 13-09-2023 at 06:08.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote