UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 10-05-2019, 10:04   #1
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road
Default Oh Danny Boy.....

Personally I`ve never been a fan of old Danny Boy, and it appears his overbearing personality has finally bitten him on the bum.

In his defence, he only Tweeted what many people thought privately, albeit a bit stupid given the fragile nature of folk today, it was actually quite tame considering some of the really offensive stuff going around currently and I`m pretty sure Harry and Meghan might have had a sly giggle at the old picture.

When I was a kid, I used to mix with black and Asian children all the time, they called each other the`N` word, they called us honkey, chalky or white boy and we all laughed with, and at each other and got on really well, like people should, no malice or understanding that some people would find that `offensive`.

We also were allowed to win races, and be good or not so good at subjects we were taught, which allowed us to gauge the direction our lives would be best pointed in.

It also gave us character and personallities, some of the `thickest` kids I knew have done remarkably well in life, I wonder if they had been constantly micro-managed and told they were great at everything, rubbish at nothing whether they would have had any inclination to better themselves.

I can almost feel the eyes of some, rolling around their heads like symbols on a gambling machine, but some of the tragic people around today who criticise anything humerous or risque could benefit from a visit into the real world of the people they purport to protect

Last edited by Barstool; 10-05-2019 at 11:17.
Barstool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:49   #2
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

I have to admit I’ve liked quite a lot of risqué and not very PC humour.
Bad taste comedy etc.
Anybody been to a Ricky Gervais gig lately ?

But I just didn’t get this tweet by Baker.
I must be losing my sense of humour cos it just didn’t tickle me at all.

Then there comes the reasoning behind him posting it. Why ?
Did he think it funny or clever or what. I just don’t get it.

What is funny is the aftermath. Danny on his doorstep, fez on head. Explaining the reasons or none reasons behind his actions.

I would prefer him to have been honest.
“I thought it funny”

But no.
“I deleted it as soon as I saw some people found it offensive”

Why fuckin post it in the first place then.
Bollocks.

He’s been fired.
Frankly I think he posted this crap because he knew it would get him the sack.
He’s got some clause written into his contract that states upon dismissal, he gets a squillion quid and more cash paid into his pension plan.

He will rest for a month or so then team up with Jonathan Woss for a chat show in Ghana.
Old 11-05-2019, 20:08   #3
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiesouth View Post
What is funny is the aftermath. Danny on his doorstep, fez on head.
Well observed. In all the ensuing brouhaha the fez has been completely overlooked. He was wearing one wasn’t he ?

There is nothing wrong with a well placed fez, but there is plenty wrong with Danny Baker.

For decades I have been able to ignore him for any number of reasons, the most compelling one being that he is that most terrible of things...an unfunny comedian. His ‘p*ss take’ style of abstract non-humour is not appealing and I am pleased his lame efforts to lampoon the royal family have fallen flat. It is just too tedious and predictable to witness endless right-on comedians earn a wealthy living by mocking wealthy people.

We have all had quite enough of snide comedians.

That being so, I do not believe for one moment that he is a racist or that he intended the tweet to be a reference to a mixed race child. The offence is manufactured outrage and is equally tedious as his humour.

The BBC of course wheeled out a black Radio 5 presenter who obligingly and usefully expressed her (mistaken and incorrect) offence at his tweet so as to support their populist PC action. The media is a well oiled and templated machine and you can see the wheels turning on towards the stupefyingly predictable conclusion...i.e. nobody can say anything about anything ever.

Danny Baker is an unfunny boring comedian, the tweet was irrelevant, the BBC response was unthinkingly stamped out. The fez was the most interesting part of it all.

I liked the fez.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 12-05-2019 at 09:12.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:20   #4
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

Unfunny, boring comedians, God where would one start....

I must be one of the only people on the planet who didn`t like The Office or our Ricky, The Royal Familly, couldn`t watch it, but the most irritating for me are the ones who base their acts on p*ss taking, and constant swearing.

Russell Brand is one who springs to mind, opinionated, not too bright and just not funny then there is that Scotish guy, ginger beard and glasses, cant remember his name but really dull.

Thinking about other comics, quite a few fit the same catergory.....Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Matt Lucas and the like however actually make me laugh, David Walliams is another great writer and funny actor, just a bit of a nause being himself....the list could be endless..
Old 19-05-2019, 23:29   #5
posh-sub

posh-sub will become famous soon enoughposh-sub will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
I must be one of the only people on the planet who didn`t like The Office or our Ricky, The Royal Familly, couldn`t watch it, but the most irritating for me are the ones who base their acts on p*ss taking, and constant swearing.

Russell Brand is one who springs to mind, opinionated, not too bright and just not funny then there is that Scotish guy, ginger beard and glasses, cant remember his name but really dull.
Not quite the ONLY one ....

Peace & Love
Poshie
posh-sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 05:52   #6
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Wor Billy has had his moments.

I compare the comedy I like to my liking of music. I enjoy some of it some of the time but not all of it all of the time.

Now Jimmy Carr.
There’s a bloke.
I was in this hit bar near Canary Wharf years back and he was there with friends or colleagues.... whatever.
I had to leave. Much the same as I have to turn the telly off if he is on.
It’s that laugh of his.
I cannot bare it. In fact it is torture to my ears.