UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 31-03-2023, 11:01   #1
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Bjorn Brimble can only hope to improve
Default Lack of Diversity on UKM

Out of all the forums on the internet I bet UKM is one of the least diverse.

Barely any women post here. AFAIK BAME folk, LGBT+ folk and young folk give us a very wide birth too.

Considering the type of forum we are, that's an issue we need to address at some point along the line.

BDSM attracts folk across the full spectrum. A rich tapestry. Not just older white, straight, cis guys. We're missing out on so much in terms of input. Discussions would be infinitely more varied and interesting

Ignorance is at the root of most racism, homophobia etc. So you get rid of it by broadening folk's horizons. Make these people feel welcome on here instead of shutting them out of the conversation altogether. Then the forum would feel a more vibrant and happier place.

We need to be more inclusive.

Open invitation for the mods to share their views on this. Deleting and shutting down healthy discussion on how we can do better just makes this place feel even more stale and hostile to change.

Sensible comments only. Maybe use the 'sense of humour' thread for the usual bitter and twisted pops at folk you don't agree with.
Bjorn Brimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2023, 15:14   #2
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default This is no longer a BDSM forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Brimble View Post
Out of all the forums on the internet I bet UKM is one of the least diverse.

Barely any women post here. AFAIK BAME folk, LGBT+ folk and young folk give us a very wide birth too.

Considering the type of forum we are, that's an issue we need to address at some point along the line.

BDSM attracts folk across the full spectrum. A rich tapestry. Not just older white, straight, cis guys. We're missing out on so much in terms of input. Discussions would be infinitely more varied and interesting

Ignorance is at the root of most racism, homophobia etc. So you get rid of it by broadening folk's horizons. Make these people feel welcome on here instead of shutting them out of the conversation altogether. Then the forum would feel a more vibrant and happier place.

We need to be more inclusive.

Open invitation for the mods to share their views on this. Deleting and shutting down healthy discussion on how we can do better just makes this place feel even more stale and hostile to change.

Sensible comments only. Maybe use the 'sense of humour' thread for the usual bitter and twisted pops at folk you don't agree with.
Are ‘gammons’ and ‘thick tw@ts’ and ‘bellends’ and ‘fat lads’ and ‘c*nts’ and ‘fitbirds’ and ‘scum’ (to use your ignorant expressions) on your inclusive list, or do you insist on excluding them from discussion ? How about your dick pics, do they make the forum feel a more ‘vibrant and happier place’ ?

It appears both polite and rude people are allowed to post here so there will be no hope for your woke ‘inclusivity’ without first adopting civility. Capiche ?

P.S. The ‘Sense of Humour’ thread was set up by Lisal because both you and your little friend complained you weren’t allowed to trample other threads with your ‘bitter and twisted pops at folk you don’t agree with’.

Yet as we see you continue to do so.

It’s like you have no sense of self-awareness. I therefore don’t think you are genuine in anyway, nobody can be that unaware of themselves.

Kind Regards,
Rimmer.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 31-03-2023 at 20:12.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 10:08   #3
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Basically, I think it's the same conversation we've had before

UKM is where it is. As we've said before the mods have a reduced control of what can and can't be done here.

Of course, I agree with making somewhere as welcoming and diverse as possible. Perhaps people respecting the moderation and not regularly trying to score points off each other might be one place to start?
Old 03-04-2023, 10:42   #4
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
Perhaps people respecting the moderation and not regularly trying to score points off each other might be one place to start?
This is part of the issue though Lisal.

The moderation isn't consistent and the guidelines aren't clear. We're not mindreaders.

Serious question for you. Would you reasonably expect someone who is transgender to feel comfortable interacting on here and sharing their experiences with the way the board is at the moment?

Then replace transgender with BAME.

If not, what needs to change?

Thanks for the response btw
Old 03-04-2023, 11:10   #5
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Brimble View Post
This is part of the issue though Lisal.

The moderation isn't consistent and the guidelines aren't clear. We're not mindreaders.

Serious question for you. Would you reasonably expect someone who is transgender to feel comfortable interacting on here and sharing their experiences with the way the board is at the moment?

Then replace transgender with BAME.

If not, what needs to change?

Thanks for the response btw

Well for a starter how about people not posting jokes on other threads as regularly requested. It doesn't bother me having to clean them up but it's a bit sad that posters keep playing that game

To your question. I don't know for sure but I don't think BAME folk would have an issue. TG is certainly a difficult area and there have been some "interesting" debates - there is a fine line to be drawn between moderation and respecting that people are allowed views - even if they are not those that others like

What needs to change. We've been here before - I am not going to repeat my points about board ownership

Plus - perhaps posters trying to see things through others eyes rather than the continual point scoring that goes on on here
Old 03-04-2023, 13:41   #6
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

We are a small classroom Lisal me old mukka.
I’m afraid the point scoring has become what UKM is mostly about nowadays.

It’s far removed from the wonderful place it once was and as has been said numerous times. Things change over time and I personally think there was nothing UKM could do about it.
Mistresses change, the Dom scene itself changes.

UKM was always focused on the pro scene. It’s change being the reason behind dwindling members etc.
Not just that most of us were dying off etc
Old 03-04-2023, 18:07   #7
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
TG is certainly a difficult area and there have been some "interesting" debates - there is a fine line to be drawn between moderation and respecting that people are allowed views - even if they are not those that others like
"interesting" is certainly not the word I would use to describe the discussion of trans folk on here Lisal.

At times it's bordered on horrific. E.g. the use of dehumanising language and the blatant transphobia, which Mistress Adore called out before she resigned as a mod.

And the swastika stuff was just plain disturbing.

We have to remember that LGBT+ folk were persecuted and murdered under that flag.

And many of those who spoke out to challenge transphobia had to deal with insults and outrageous smears levelled against them.

That stuff doesn't really help with inclusivity IMO.
Old 03-04-2023, 16:56   #8
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default Nobody should care.

I don’t see why a trans person wouldn’t be happy to post here, so long as they don’t expect any particular allowance or suspension of reality and truth then all are equally welcome.

On saying that, gender obsession is rather tedious and fake, and this forum offers an opportunity for members not to bore on about their adopted identity. It is a chance not to say I am an adult human male/female who identifies as a man/woman/non-binary straight/gay/bi person. That stuff is just taxonomy which encourages divisive virtual speciation.

Unless there is a chance of physical/sexual interaction then nobody needs to know. Keep it to yourself and it isn’t an issue. Be yourself but don’t expect others to conform to you. Take offence if you choose to or not if you choose not to. Agree to disagree. It matters not one jot because nobody wins any arguments anyway.

All that is required for a forum is reason and civility, both of which are in reducing supply in society generally, and so here we rightly give as much as we get. Hence it has become what it is.

The forum is as fair and equitable as can be, it is society which doesn’t want to be so because of the obsession with identity.

Hence I agree with Geordie, it is no longer a BDSM forum, and never will be again. At least not whilst the Oub exists.

As Lisal also says, this is going over very well worn ground and we have no intention of changing between now and death, so put your tin hats back on and get ready for the next troll offensive.

Kind Regards,
Rimmer.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 12-04-2023 at 08:05.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 17:40   #9
Lisal

While accepting the general point re BDSM v The Oub I would say that I think we have had interesting discussions in DoI recently - a few started by those members who stay well away from The Oub

That part of the forum is not entirely dead