UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Admin and Security News

Old 22-11-2021, 20:00   #1
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold
Default Frailty

I am not sure if this is a problem or not but we have hit an issue with the forum software

While spammers cannot still post on here we are unable to delete their "applications". Thus there is a steady increase in the number of members and we don't really know if that will impact down the line. Obviously, we will try and sort it out but just in case if you want to keep in touch reefys details are in his signature and I am happy to give my email address out to any regular member if you pm me.
Old 22-11-2021, 23:15   #2
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
I am not sure if this is a problem or not but we have hit an issue with the forum software

While spammers cannot still post on here we are unable to delete their "applications". Thus there is a steady increase in the number of members and we don't really know if that will impact down the line. Obviously, we will try and sort it out but just in case if you want to keep in touch reefys details are in his signature and I am happy to give my email address out to any regular member if you pm me.
Don’t quite understand the potential problem here. Is it something to do with limited memory capacity for applications which means legitimate people wanting to join may not get in, and your fix might end up deleting existing accounts ?

This makes me picture UK-M to be like a baroque arcane battleship which is kept in action by the Mods like the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars.

…although who is Han Solo and who is Chewbacca is not quite clear !

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 09:09   #3
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
Don’t quite understand the potential problem here. Is it something to do with limited memory capacity for applications which means legitimate people wanting to join may not get in, and your fix might end up deleting existing accounts ?

This makes me picture UK-M to be like a baroque arcane battleship which is kept in action by the Mods like the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars.

…although who is Han Solo and who is Chewbacca is not quite clear !

Kind Regards,
Page 130.
It's probably a concern with storage space. I am no techhy but we get a lot of spammers and if we can't delete them the numbers sitting there will steadily grow

Plus it shows that the forum software is creaking
Old 23-11-2021, 17:23   #4
posh-sub

posh-sub will become famous soon enoughposh-sub will become famous soon enough

I wonder if it would be fun to speculate on exactly WHO of the Mods we think is Chewbacca, Hans Solo, R2D2 and C3PO

My vote for Chewbacca, defiitely goes to Reefy!

Peace & Love
poshie
posh-sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 17:46   #5
reefknot

Quote:
Originally Posted by posh-sub View Post
I wonder if it would be fun to speculate on exactly WHO of the Mods we think is Chewbacca, Hans Solo, R2D2 and C3PO

My vote for Chewbacca, defiitely goes to Reefy!

Peace & Love
poshie
Only on Sundays when there is a full moon
Old 24-11-2021, 10:53   #6
Lisal

It's still supported. It's just - as you say - it's very old (like me!)
Old 25-11-2021, 18:16   #7
mikeyports

mikeyports will become famous soon enough

Well I remember the ukm hack of I can't remember the year it took days to get it back can't remember if it was the new or old board.

[live life and have a beautiful ending

https://twitter.com/Elainasslut
mikeyports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2021, 22:27   #8
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Would appear every time I look in on the site....there is a huge amount of spam members. Its surely going to cripple the place before long.

Sadly.
Old 28-11-2021, 12:32   #9
Lisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiesouth View Post
Would appear every time I look in on the site....there is a huge amount of spam members. Its surely going to cripple the place before long.

Sadly.
I’ve asked Sam if there is anything she can do to sort it out
Old 14-01-2022, 18:47   #10
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Bjorn Brimble can only hope to improve

Quote:
I’ve asked Sam if there is anything she can do to sort it out
Any chance of an update on Lady Sam's response Lisal?

Many thanks
Bjorn Brimble is offline   Reply With Quote