UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 21-07-2019, 07:45   #21
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Brimble View Post
This is a straightforward he said/she said scenario, in which you are never going to please both parties, and there's no way of determining the definitive truth.

You just have to be firm with them both, not take sides and make it clear the board is not the place to continue the dispute once both sides have said their piece. Any reasonable members following the thread would be understanding of your position if you explained it clearly and fairly. And if they weren't reasonable members, then who cares?

Being firm with some Mistresses doesn't work (being a sub makes it more difficult). Of course you can't please everyone. I get that. But then the Mistress goes off elsewhere (and I saw it on a major forum) calling out UKM for allowing people to post lies about her etc etc.

This of course, has nothing to with the case with Mistress Susannah etc but it's a small example of the sort of fights, spats, whatever we have had to deal with over the years. It wears you down

And, yes, re reasonable people. Unfortunately, though, on boards like UKM views get very polarised.There was quite a lot of them and us and it did get worse.

To be honest BB - as we keep saying this is very easy from the outide looking in and with hindsight. Rather different when you are, actually, involved and getting it in the neck from both sides!

Last edited by Lisal; 21-07-2019 at 07:47.
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 08:02   #22
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

As a separate point

I don't know whether or not you were a member then BB but a number of years back six (I think) dommes who posted on UKM started up their own message board. It was all a bit fractious but, IIRC, one of the reasons was that the moderation on UKM wasn't good enough. I stand to be corrected. But, I am sure that they also wanted to control their own board (I completely get that)

I posted on that forum - because some of them were and are friends - others didn't. The forum never became very busy - I was surprised because I thought it would be successful. And, I suspect that that was at the stage when forums were beginning to die. Most dommes use twitter etc these days so I doubt you'd get a big footfall for a rejuvenated UKM anyway.
Old 21-07-2019, 08:07   #23
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default The Resurrection of the Kamikaze

Quote:
Unless something changes, I don't think they, or any other reputable dommes, will be back any time soon unfortunately. Which makes me wonder, what is the point of the forum going on the way it is?
...but something has changed. You have turned up from Abbaland and having trawled through the less edifying moments of the past decade have instantly assumed the position of Speaker of the House.

Surely this is good news for the board because you are able to educate us as to which female figures we are allowed to be rude and horrific towards, which figures we must not dare to mention because you will consider it ricist, which social and political view we should adhere to, and which topics are acceptable for debate and which members are invited to agree with your teachings on those topics.

It is such a pity you were not around earlier when needed, and all this upset and disagreeable non-compliance to your values could have been avoided by the cult of the bjorn again poster.

It’s not new though is it. Most environments have a Johnny Come Lately*, a new kid in town who knows all about it. It all sounds so familiar with your great expectations. Everybody's watching you, yet people you meet, they all seem to know you and even your old friends treat you like you're something new.

Are you the new No 2 come to show us the way...but what is it they say ?

Them as can do, them as can't...?

Something like that.

Regards,
The Fireman.

* Although I still think you are just a militant aiming to be provacative with the intent of getting yourself banned and hopefully taking others with you. Just cut to the chase and start a thread to see who can make the most offensive and horrific insult about, say for instance, ’Anne’ Widdecombe and keep it going until we get banned. As if the Mods need the hassle.

It doesn’t work though does it ? As we know, the teachings of The Resurrection of the Kamikaze** show us that such posters just re-emerge a few months later with a new name but same vile offensive attitudes.

** Ahh yes, the machine who’s only purpose is to switch itself off. Most useful and helpful. Thank you for your attendan...ohh he’s gone, again.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 24-07-2019 at 22:27. Reason: Unscrambling scrambled apostrophes.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 08:08   #24
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Bjorn Brimble can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
Being firm with some Mistresses doesn't work (being a sub makes it more difficult). Of course you can't please everyone. I get that. But then the Mistress goes off elsewhere (and I saw it on a major forum) calling out UKM for allowing people to post lies about her etc etc.

This of course, has nothing to with the case with Mistress Susannah etc but it's a small example of the sort of fights, spats, whatever we have had to deal with over the years. It wears you down

And, yes, re reasonable people. Unfortunately, though, on boards like UKM views get very polarised.There was quite a lot of them and us and it did get worse.

To be honest BB - as we keep saying this is very easy from the outide looking in and with hindsight. Rather different when you are, actually, involved and getting it in the neck from both sides!
None of this excuses just standing back whilst your some of your members behaved the way they did. There were posters who have survived rape posting on that thread, and in my opinion, they should not have been subjected to that level of bullying/gaslighting, no matter what issues troublesome Mistresses have caused you in the past. As I say, I find it shameful.

Not sure you being a sub has anything to do with you not getting your point across either, I think it's more a case of assertiveness.
Bjorn Brimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 08:23   #25
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
I posted on that forum - because some of them were and are friends - others didn't. The forum never became very busy - I was surprised because I thought it would be successful. And, I suspect that that was at the stage when forums were beginning to die. Most dommes use twitter etc these days so I doubt you'd get a big footfall for a rejuvenated UKM anyway.
This seems like a fair point, but I'm not convinced. Most other hobbies/areas of interest I'm familiar with seem to have their own equivalent of this board, and because of the the secretive nature of professional domination for a lot of those involved, I'd argue there's a huge benefit of a well-moderated forum for Mistresses and subs.

Totally get what you say about Mistresses and subs clashing, over the years I suppose something has to give. I think it's happened on all the main forums that deal with the sex industry between service providers and punters. The service providers usually conclude it's not worth the hassle in the end.

That's why I think you need strong moderation and a clear ethos. To be completely honest, I've no idea what this board stands for any more in terms of its ethos.

The great thing about Twitter is you can just block any miscreants, weirdos and trolls.

I have known lots of interesting and decent contributors over the years, but to be honest, I find the whole internet discussion thing a bit icky because of too many of the above.

Last edited by Bjorn Brimble; 21-07-2019 at 08:34.
Old 21-07-2019, 08:45   #26
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
which figures we must not dare to mention because you will consider it ricist
What an odd thing to say!

You need to get over this obsession with rice. Mention any rice figures you want for all I care!!!

From Uncle Ben's to Jamie's jerk, all rices are equal in the eyes of God. For what it's worth, I made the switch from white to brown last year and have never looked back. Can recommend Tilda, well worth paying a bit more for.
Old 21-07-2019, 08:53   #27
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default You keep it all in.

Quote:
What an odd thing to say!

You need to get over this obsession with rice. Mention any rice figures you want for all I care!!!

From Uncle Ben's to Jamie's jerk, all rices are equal in the eyes of God. For what it's worth, I made the switch from white to brown last year and have never looked back. Can recommend Tilda, well worth paying a bit more for.
You may not miiiiind that it’s boiled over, but I’ve a different poi-oi-oint of view...if such a thing is allowed ?

My thoughts are that if we are talking about spicing up UK-M then we will need rice to go with it.

My favourite rice is Sir Timothy Miles Bindon Rice*.

He is more nourishing than Brown rice, and goes better with a glass of wine. Brown rice is bad for the environment because it takes about three times as long to boil the bloody stuff to an edible state. We cannot afford the carbon emissions to produce all that additional energy. I am afraid constipation is the price we have to pay for saving the planet.

It’s easy for you but at least I am doing my bit for the environment, although not regularly.

My porcelain problems haven’t started, it’s ea-easy for you.**

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

Such a dazzling Rice of many colours.
How I love my Rice of many colours.

It is red and yellow and green and brown
And scarlet and black and ochre and peach
And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And red and yellow and green and brown and
Scarlet and black and ochre and peach
And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And blue !!!

Blue rice ? Eughh.

** It’s Easy For You: One of the last songs to ever be recorded by Elvis.
Music by Lord Lloyd-Webber, lyrics by Sir Timothy Miles Bindon Rice.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 21-07-2019 at 16:18.
Old 21-07-2019, 09:13   #28
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

May I assertively suggest all rice-related discussion be moved to a separate "spicing up your rice" thread?

Let's hope it doesn't get heated
Old 21-07-2019, 09:19   #29
Lisal

Quote:
This seems like a fair point, but I'm not convinced. Most other hobbies/areas of interest I'm familiar with seem to have their own equivalent of this board, and because of the the secretive nature of professional domination for a lot of those involved, I'd argue there's a huge benefit of a well-moderated forum for Mistresses and subs.

Totally get what you say about Mistresses and subs clashing, over the years I suppose something has to give. I think it's happened on all the main forums that deal with the sex industry between service providers and punters. The service providers usually conclude it's not worth the hassle in the end.

That's why I think you need strong moderation and a clear ethos. To be completely honest, I've no idea what this board stands for any more in terms of its ethos.

The great thing about Twitter is you can just block any miscreants, weirdos and trolls.

I have known lots of interesting and decent contributors over the years, but to be honest, I find the whole internet discussion thing a bit icky because of too many of the above.
I don't really think it is that easy to compare other boards with something like UKM. I belong to a few others (mostly sport related) and there are battles on there. But, as you say, there is the service provider element here which differentiates it from many others. And we are talking about something that is far more personal than elsewhere.

One thing we did find was that the most popular threads were the ones with fights going on. People popped up who hadn't posted for years to weigh in!

We can go round and round on the moderation question. UKM is going to remain very quiet (ethos or no ethos) as it is at the moment so it's pretty much all irrelevant right now.

I'll add that while you might think it's about being strong some (not most) Mistresses will take no or little notice of you as a sub. I always remember an old mate of mine going to a get together with his domme. He was introduced to another domme who insisted on him calling her Mistress. His reply was unprintable but there are those who do think and act like that!

Last edited by Lisal; 21-07-2019 at 09:37.
Old 21-07-2019, 09:26   #30
Slutty Rimmer

Default ...then let it all go.

Quote:

May I assertively suggest all rice-related discussion be moved to a separate "spicing up your rice" thread?

Let's hope it doesn't get heated
Good idea.

I can start the thread below your Frankie Boyle style free-for-all ‘be as nasty as you like about people I personally disagree with’ thread. No rules, no modding, no banning, no reporting, no whingeing, no censoring.

Say what the f*ck we like about rice. It is not a sensitive issue.

Let’s just get it out of our system...errr, which is actually a lot easier with Brown rice than White rice.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 21-07-2019 at 09:41.