UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 20-09-2021, 08:55   #91
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road
Default It was news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
Yes, but you have to factor in the biased woke leaning of the currently ‘established’ TV media such as BBC, Channel 4, Sky News, which have slowly become bad faith actors in these culture wars, and people are noticing because the un-spun truth comes out eventually. Witness the week of ‘racist Britain’ and the news furore after the Euro foot-the-ball final. It was exaggerated paranoia, and the racist writing was not on the Rashford wall as they all so desperately wanted it to be. Three black guys just took some sh*t penalties and that was about it. There was no news, it was make believe which was momentarily believed.
Poor choice of words Rimmer. It is just as easy to say, that three England players took penalties that were not good enough. I’m not sure why you would want to highlight ethnicity unless it serves to amplify the failure and direct blame. I'm sure, if the same outcome had resulted from three white players taking pens, then the online diatribes would have been more in line with 'overpaid twats'.

A conservative MP couldn’t resist putting the covert boot in, when she said that Rashford should concentrate on his day job and learn to kick the ball rather than mess around with politics. Covert online abuse so obvious that it was rapidly rowed back on.

After the abuse that he received Rashford said: "I can take critique of my performance all day long, my penalty was not good enough, it should have gone in but I will never apologise for who I am and where I came from.”

The online abuse our three lions received was unacceptable and widely condemned by all decent folk...
Old 20-09-2021, 09:09   #92
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default That’s all folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex nihilo View Post
Poor choice of words Rimmer. It is just as easy to say, that three England players took penalties that were not good enough. I’m not sure why you would want to highlight ethnicity unless it serves to amplify the failure and direct blame.
I think you mean to say ‘pertinent’ choice of words because the reference was to the hysteria of ‘racist Britain’ which followed from the black lads missing their penalties. The racist paranoia was predicated on the skin colour of the players and so it is pertinent to the consideration.

You cannot talk about race and racism without also talking about colour, but as far as the incoherent CRT claptrap goes, which you espouse, any such mention of colour is ‘racist’, de facto. It is then a self fulfilling persecution prophecy to misinterpret and any further discussion just derails into baseless accusation and insults i.e. hysteria. Little wonder then you keep seeing racists everywhere you look because you and the illogic of CRT define them as ‘anyone who isn’t of my words and thinking’. There is a majority of such clear sighted and fair minded people who are not of your words and fragile thinking.

I have a different point of view to you, which is proving to be a good thing.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 20-09-2021 at 13:12.
Slutty Rimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 09:40   #93
ex nihilo

Default Anti-woke trash talk...

Now that Farage is sitting in the box seat for GB News, the programmes are taking on, an all to familiar tack. Now, once respected presenters who worked for other news channels, all start their features with tedious laundry lists of ant-woke diatribes. It's not very edifying...

Last edited by ex nihilo; 24-10-2021 at 11:39.
ex nihilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2021, 12:53   #94
Jack Robinson

Jack Robinson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex nihilo View Post
Now that Farage is sitting in the box seat for GB News, the programmes are taking on, an all to familiar tack. Now, once respected presenters who worked for other news channels, all start their features with tedious laundry lists of ant-woke diatribes. It's not very edifying...
This isn't entirely surprising. The channel's main financial backers are a billionaire Trump supporter and a Dubai-based investment outfit called the Legatum Institute, who were also big backers of Brexit. So Andrew Neil was deluding himself if he genuinely thought he was joining a plucky little startup with a commitment to local news. Publicly dumping on his employer, going to work for a would-be competitor and walking out on them ten minutes later in the apparent expectation that the BBC will have him back on the salary and status that he presumably thinks he deserves. I'm not sure how many jobs or professions there are where someone would even think they could do that. I know the players of a certain sport, and their agents sometimes agitate for transfers, but they don't spend their time telling the rest of us what to think and how to behave, all the time pretending they don't frequent the same green rooms, bars and dinner parties as those they are supposed to be holding to account. Actually married to each other in a couple of cases.

I'd imagine that those who followed Neil out of the BBC will now look to follow him out of the door again as they try and save whatever's left of their professional reputations, and the station's backers will be left with Farage, his acolytes and the tone and content they probably wanted all along. The whole episode says very little for Andrew Neil's credibility as a journalist, and a whole lot more about the willingness of the British news media to look the other way in exchange for a fat cheque and the chance to be in the important people's club.

Last edited by Jack Robinson; 30-10-2021 at 13:02.
Jack Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2021, 17:53   #95
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Fat cheques always sway people’s decision making
Old 07-04-2023, 10:40   #96
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Bjorn Brimble can only hope to improve
Default Hold on to your sides guys, they may just split

GB news is going from strength to strength I see

First rate entertainment. Check out this clip. Great sense of humour

Should be our Eurovision entry
Bjorn Brimble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2024, 11:12   #97
ex nihilo

Default Beeb longa, GBN brevis...

GBN, Great Britain’s poor on news, rich on biased opinion broadcaster.

Better than a comic really. Easier to watch a funny show and spare the effort of reading...
Old 26-03-2024, 21:47   #98
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Let’s just stay on topic please