UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 04-01-2017, 20:39   #1
Lady Samantha
The Boss Lady

Lady Samantha has a spectacular aura aboutLady Samantha has a spectacular aura aboutLady Samantha has a spectacular aura about
Default Upgrades - your suggestions please

So, how would you like to see UKM change? And how do you suggest we go about it? Please don't simply make a statement without any ideas on how to put that statement into action - for example, please don't state 'More Mistress interaction' without suggesting ways in which we could do that, (by inviting Mistress blog pages for example).

Hosting Mistress web pages won't happen in the short term at least (I know that UKM have done this in the past for a couple of Mistresses) as it's all about bandwidth and bandwidth costs money.

The board will 'hopefully' be moving to a new platform in the not to distant future, so no need to throw that one into the mix.

Be warned however, those that are most vocal will be expected to put in some blood sweat and tears too!

So, over to you all, throw your tuppence into the pond.

Lady S
Old 04-01-2017, 20:55   #2
Lady Samantha
The Boss Lady

Lady Samantha has a spectacular aura aboutLady Samantha has a spectacular aura aboutLady Samantha has a spectacular aura about

So, shall I start?

I'd like to see a re organisation of forums perhaps and maybe retiring the less popular ones, we have the option to make them read only.

I'd like to investigate the option of having 'classified ads' again, but this is a HUGE moderating task and we might need volunteers to 'person' this. (Initially it would need a volunteer to find out what is out there and what would work for us).

Updated Mistress listings - I think a data base option would be good - where a Mistress/Top/submissive/Master/etc can add there listing and it is checked over by a mod/volunteer before 'going live' on the website - search categories could be by activity and/or area. Again, I have no skills in writing the appropriate software plug in!

Thoughts?
Old 05-01-2017, 19:35   #3
gutt

gutt will become famous soon enough

Improving the board is going to cost ongoing money so maybe some modest membership fee. Mistresses would of course be exempt. The way legislation is going this may become necessary to keep to those deemed under age. Downside more admin. Alternatively some form of discreet way of donating.

Some way of members sharing experiences. I hesitate to say reviews for all the obvious reasons. Perhaps more about the premises than a rating of the actual mistress performance.. Perhaps done by some form of pro forma .

I hope this helps Lady Samantha and those brave souls dedicated to keeping this Board going
gutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 19:13   #4
posh-sub

posh-sub will become famous soon enoughposh-sub will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by masochist View Post
I think the lack of replies only confirms my worst fears for the board... it's a slow death unless Sam puts it out of its misery
Sorry - don't agree.

People are trying to sort out the future direct with Lady S.

Starting to put forward 'proposals for the future' to the person who is dumping the board seems to me to be somewhat fatuous.

Let's see what the NEW owners have in mind.

Peace & Love
poshie
posh-sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 18:57   #5
Lady Samantha
The Boss Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by posh-sub View Post
Sorry - don't agree.

People are trying to sort out the future direct with Lady S.

Starting to put forward 'proposals for the future' to the person who is dumping the board seems to me to be somewhat fatuous.

Let's see what the NEW owners have in mind.

Peace & Love
poshie

Sorry poshy but the thread is genuine as is my post in the Admin forum, there are no secret talks, there is no other story than what is on the board, openly, in the public fora.

Come on folks, this is your chance to take the board in a direction that you want?

Lady S
Old 26-01-2017, 18:02   #6
Ogden McNitt

Ogden McNitt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Samantha View Post
Come on folks, this is your chance to take the board in a direction that you want?
I was wondering the other other day, why don't any younger subs post on here?

They must form a large part of the national Mistress clientele, yet we barely seem to have any regular male contributors under the age of 40 posting on here. At least that is the impression I get?

Quote:
And how do you suggest we go about it? Please don't simply make a statement without any ideas on how to put that statement into action
For a start occasional posters need to join in more. Plenty of posts from people who rarely post saying 'NOOOO, you can't close the board down' before Christmas, then have barely posted since. What is the point? As a great man once said, 'be the change you wish to see in UKM'.

So what kind of threads might entice younger subs, or just new posters? What do The Mistresses think? The old-man wank fantasy threads on The Oubliette go down well with a lot of our established senior members, but may well be lost on the young 'uns. Thoughts?

Last edited by Ogden McNitt; 26-01-2017 at 18:38.
Ogden McNitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 02:22   #7
jo nep

jo nep will become famous soon enoughjo nep will become famous soon enough
Red face Technical Issue

Quote:
So, shall I start?

I'd like to see a re organisation of forums perhaps and maybe retiring the less popular ones, we have the option to make them read only.

I'd like to investigate the option of having 'classified ads' again, but this is a HUGE moderating task and we might need volunteers to 'person' this. (Initially it would need a volunteer to find out what is out there and what would work for us).

Updated Mistress listings - I think a data base option would be good - where a Mistress/Top/submissive/Master/etc can add there listing and it is checked over by a mod/volunteer before 'going live' on the website - search categories could be by activity and/or area. Again, I have no skills in writing the appropriate software plug in!

Thoughts?
I appreciate this is not a forum for 'techies' but every now and then something happens on a computer and you just don't know where to start.

For example, today I had a major data disaster. It cost me $250 dollars but I now have 20 years of data back. The issue is simple - no backup. Solution £100perhaps others need this type of technical help?
jo nep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 18:30   #8
MissMartinet

MissMartinet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo nep View Post
I appreciate this is not a forum for 'techies' but every now and then something happens on a computer and you just don't know where to start.

For example, today I had a major data disaster. It cost me $250 dollars but I now have 20 years of data back. The issue is simple - no backup. Solution £100perhaps others need this type of technical help?
You have to tell me what this solution is!!

Website.
CLIPS
TWITTER
MissMartinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 23:41   #9
jo nep

jo nep will become famous soon enoughjo nep will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMartinet View Post
You have to tell me what this solution is!!
https://www.powerdatarecovery.com/?free700

The software was only $70 dollars (or thereabouts) but I had to purchase technical support before being introduced to this piece of software. I believe the trial version allows for 1Gb data recovery for free but my lost data was far more than that.
jo nep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 11:38   #10
posh-sub

posh-sub will become famous soon enoughposh-sub will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Sorry poshy but the thread is genuine as is my post in the Admin forum, there are no secret talks, there is no other story than what is on the board, openly, in the public fora.

Lady S
OK, that's it, then. It's official. The board lives, the threat of closure is lifted. Stand down from Red Alert, resume normal stations. Stop panicking, it was all a wind up. And it's not even April.

So my suggestion for the future is to concentrate on what the board can do that other social media organisations don't do. Like proper, informed debate on subjects of interest. Like instilling a sense of community.

But also by giving the moderators the power to moderate effectively. Let the owner trust them with the keys of the kingdom and not limit their powers by withholding actual power to implement changes and alterations to the site itself, thus reducing them to mere cyphers.

And by ALL of us attempting to keep the discourse polite, respectful and friendly and supporting the mods in their very difficult endeavours. By this means alone we can differentiate ourselves from the dross on other social media.

Peace & Love
poshie
posh-sub is offline   Reply With Quote