UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 31-01-2017, 13:59   #11
platelicker

platelicker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by posh-sub View Post
OK, that's it, then. It's official. The board lives, the threat of closure is lifted. Stand down from Red Alert, resume normal stations. Stop panicking, it was all a wind up. And it's not even April.

So my suggestion for the future is to concentrate on what the board can do that other social media organisations don't do. Like proper, informed debate on subjects of interest. Like instilling a sense of community.

But also by giving the moderators the power to moderate effectively. Let the owner trust them with the keys of the kingdom and not limit their powers by withholding actual power to implement changes and alterations to the site itself, thus reducing them to mere cyphers.

And by ALL of us attempting to keep the discourse polite, respectful and friendly and supporting the mods in their very difficult endeavours. By this means alone we can differentiate ourselves from the dross on other social media.

Peace & Love
poshie
Spot on Poshie. I agree.
platelicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 18:18   #12
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

The current mods are me, reefknot and Mistress Adore. I can only speak for myself

As most of you know Reefy and I started an alternative board when we thought UKM was closing. We shelved this when Lady Sam decided to keep UKM going as we have no desire to have boards in competition with each other - especially, when there is quite low traffic. And UKM retains a lot of affection.

From my POV there is a big difference between having a board that you own and one that is owned by someone else. Lady Sam has let us do our own thing in moderating and has been nothing but supportive but it is still her board and not something that we can let our creative juices flow on!

I'm not going to comment on specifics - that wouldn't be fair - but it is quite a difference
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 13:31   #13
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

OMG do I post that much. I've really got to cut back. It's the only way the board will keep going.
Old 03-02-2017, 21:05   #14
reefknot

Quote:
Originally Posted by masochist View Post
Perhaps even more worrying though is that of the 58,972 posts over 50% have come from 6 members
Reefy 8428, Lisal 8384, GS3571, bgx 3547, Exnihilo 3387 and lady anna 1823

And reefy / lisal potentially have the new board and lady anna is no longer a member (I think?)

I think its been really good of Lady Sam to keep the board open but I can only imagine that unless some changes happen soon the current format simply cant survive the changing landscape
Quote:
Originally Posted by masochist View Post
not quite my point... but if reefy, lisal and you were not here and were for example posting on the other place then it would be a far bigger loss than just loosing 3 "active members"
Oh i talk that much :P

The reason we have held d the other site in abeyance is we believe there is only enough traffic for one message board like UKM; we are keen to see UKM message board thrive hence both Lisal and me continue to support UKM.

The how do we generate more content has been a question for many years, however from time to time folk come along who are new to the pro Domme scene and want to find out more and also understand they are not alone
Old 04-02-2017, 08:00   #15
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

I think there are obvious things

Good and up to date listings

Maybe a twitter presence

Banner swaps

Just getting UKM known a bit more out there.

If you get more mistresses posting then subs will post. If you want that then you do have to accept that the modding may be a bit heavier. Mistress baiting has been an ongoing problem

The software needs updating

You could have a mistress of the month column. Ask mistresses if they'd like to write a bit about themselves

Yes I've posted a lot but I've been here a long time too. To be honest, I've run out of topics

I think members need to try and engage more as well. There was quite a hue and cry when it was thought UKM was going. Now everyone has gone quiet. Not apportioning blame but, somehow, UKM has to get a little bit busier

As Reefy says we both want UKM to succeed. UKM means a lot to me - otherwise, I'd have upped sticks a while ago. The reason we looked at a new board was because UKM was going to go - in the end, it didn't, but, as Lady Sam says, things have to change.

In regards to talks about Reefy and I acquiring UKM there are none. We did explore the option - however, the gaps in valuation were too great to overcome. That's no-one's fault - these things happen.

Last edited by Lisal; 04-02-2017 at 08:12.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:07   #16
pleasurablesensations4u

pleasurablesensations4u is on a distinguished road

I joined UKM a while back, lost my log in details and didn't rejoin until 18 months ago if my memory serves me correct.
I work long hours, am married so cant post as much as I would like to.
I still think this is a great community and it would be a shame to see it go.
I don't know how to encourage more members or posts though.
And yes it is the same group of 'core' members who post and I was fortunate to meet one of them for a drink or two the other week........and the gorgeous GG ��

Last edited by pleasurablesensations4u; 04-02-2017 at 09:43.
pleasurablesensations4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:16   #17
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by painslut4u View Post
I joined UKM a while back, lost my log in details and didn't rejoin until 18 months ago if my memory serves me correct.
I work long hours, am married so cant post as much as I would like to.
I still think this is a great community and it would be a shame to see it go.
I don't know how to encourage more members or posts though.
And yes it is the same group of 'core' members who post and I was fortunate to meet one of them for a drink or two the other week........and the gorgeous GG ��
Old 04-02-2017, 11:39   #18
Ogden McNitt

Ogden McNitt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
If you get more mistresses posting then subs will post. If you want that then you do have to accept that the modding may be a bit heavier. Mistress baiting has been an ongoing problem
What constitutes "Mistress baiting"?

I think most of us would agree that there is no place on here for personal insults or being directly offensive to a Mistress, and this should be dealt with by the mods in the first instance.

Otherwise it might be difficult to achieve universal consensus on a definition; what is baiting to some, is just normal robust debate to others, as Jon123's post in the 'Calling It a Day' thread proves ...

http://www.uk-mistresses.com/vBullet...5&postcount=94

The comment perplexes me. What did he mean by 'inappropriate for this particular site'? The subtext of the post seems far more belittling and offensive to Mistresses to me than anything posted in the actual thread. Should Mistresses with industrial strength opinions just be humoured and agreed with, regardless of what we really think, just to avoid upsetting delicate female sensitivities?

Is this maybe an age thing? Do older subs still have a tendency to think young Mistresses need to be protected when their views get challenged?

Controversial scene-related topics that divide opinion (traditionally Findom, tributes, hardsports etc) are not necessarily bad for the board. In some ways, you could argue they are healthy and almost necessary, as long as people don't become abusive. Sadly on a board with such dwindling activity, the more routine DOI topics soon fizzle out into nothingness.

So vive la difference I say. By internet standards, UKM is actually rather civilised when it comes to disagreeing.
Ogden McNitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:52   #19
Lisal

From a mods point of view there can be a fine line. What's robust debate and what's mistress baiting. I can tell you that over my years as a mod that's been the biggest single problem by far.

I think that most people would want more mistresses to post here. I'd have thought that the single quickest way of getting more traffic would be to find a way of doing that. The knock on is that the modding may need to be more defensive of the dommes - whether that seems fair or not.

It's something which has exercised me - on and off. I prefer a light touch when modding but, if we want mistresses here, then that maybe a sacrifice that has to be made

I do agree about UKM being relatively civilised compared to others. I've just left a rubbish site because of the sheer nastiness. Not that I am surprised but it hasn't been that awful till the last year
Old 04-02-2017, 12:14   #20
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default At what cost ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
If you get more mistresses posting then subs will post. If you want that then you do have to accept that the modding may be a bit heavier. Mistress baiting has been an ongoing problem.
Mistress posts also attract sycophants, 'gallant' knights, lickspittles, and as you say the 'baiters'.

Maybe I am losing touch with my subbie side but not all clients of Mistresses class themselves as submissive and prefer to just consider themselves masochistic/pervy/fetishy/slutty/kinky etc, and thereby treat Mistresses as equals. This is sometimes at odds with the attitudes of other members (or purported attitudes) towards posting Mistresses because there is usually an assumption of natural acquiescence, which I do not share.

The 'baiting' problem is much easier to deal with, and on this subject alone may I suggest a mod to the modding ? In the past a lot of Mistress baiting has been around detailed attacks on a ladies fees/rates whereby the general theme has been "There is a Mistress X who does the same as you, Mistress Y, and yet charges only £umpty-um. How can you justify your fee when you clearly do not have Mistress X's overheads" etc. I think any questioning of a ladies rates or business model should be blocked because there is no reason at all why they need to be justified or explained to anyone. They are what they are and we as clients can either pay them or not. It is a free market and all that is required to get an honest exchange is clarity and detail of the services/premises being offered. The fee is what the Mistress chooses it to be and needs no analysis or breakdown. There is plenty to be legitimately discussed on the services and premises and approach and appareil, but on the fee ? No.

Admittedly, there does seem to be an increasing trend in society where businesses are expected to explain or justify their prices, but I do not agree with it. I am (sort of) self employed and I charge my time at a rate of my own choosing which is somewhere between what I would like and what I think they would like to pay. There is no justification provided and so long as both parties come away disgruntled with the outcome then a fair deal has been reached.

That said, I do wish more ladies would just be plain forthright and upfront in detailing their fees either on a website or in private communication. Sometimes it is like getting blood out of a stone and I give up eventually despite knowing perfectly well I can afford the luxury. Such reticence is bewildering and does not allow for forward planning. Anyway, that's my problem to deal with and is off topic.

No public discussion, analysis, comparison or judgement of rates ?

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 04-02-2017 at 15:45.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote