UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Mistress Reviews and Location Information Etc. > New and Updated Websites for Mistresses

Old 04-11-2009, 09:26   #11
stevebailey

So having gone back to the site for another look I realise what confused me. When you hover over the tab buttons, the sub-tabs (is that the right word for the menu that comes under a tab - for the sake of argument, that is what I will call it?) comes up and you can click on them.

If however you click on the main tab button, a new page comes up that has no reference to the other sub-tabs that were under the main tab.

When I looked at the site originally I clicked introduction and the new page came up - I read it and then went onto the next main tab - and hence missed all of the galleries.

As I went through this time, having realised that there were subtabs, I was getting frustrated that i could not find out where you were. I hovered under Location and clicked on the subtabs - but that didn't tell me... of course, what I had to do was click on the main Location tab... and then try and remember that there were subtabs.

Now it may be that I am just an idiot (although I like to think I am not just an idiot - I am also a fool and a git at times) - but I wonder whether a menu on the left of the site with all the options on it might be better. Or some way of more easily navigating the site. Because although I may well be an idiot, I do on occasions have money to spend, and it may be a shame to rule out people like me as client just because I could not get to grips with the navigation.

Just my two-pence worth - I actually like the content a lot and having now seen it would certainly be thinking - there's a definite maybe visit in the future...

Please can we have no comments about men multi-tasking please... just remember I did manage to navigate around the site whilst at the same time being turned on - there is at least two things done at the same time... And with an interruption to the blood flow to my brain - so that's pretty damn impressive...

Steve
Old 04-11-2009, 10:27   #12
MistressRouge

MistressRouge is on a distinguished road

Well I think it is a wonderful website, of a beautiful Mistress, welldone
Old 05-11-2009, 14:35   #13
stripthewillow

stripthewillow is on a distinguished road

Good luck Mistress Hourglass. I enjoyed looking at your site.
stripthewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:12   #14
stdavid

stdavid is on a distinguished road

Lovely website and a lovely looking mistress
stdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 17:49   #15
MistressHourglass

MistressHourglass is on a distinguished road
Default ...

I have contacted my webdesigner and handed over another cheque... She did not ask for one, but 'time is money'...... and I will be needing some of her time!!
She is very patient with me, as I chop and change my mind all the time.

I am very slowly, spare time allowing, going through all the feedback received....... and started making changes.

Even just the little I have done is making a big difference!

At the end of the day, your feedback is invaluable. It gives me some insight as to how it is, being at the other end, as it were..... in navigating my site and for me, "first impressions", your first impression...... this is all important.

Last edited by MistressHourglass; 08-11-2009 at 18:48. Reason: spelling
MistressHourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 21:39   #16
forest

forest is on a distinguished road

Welcome to UKM, Mistress Hourglass

Congratulations on having created an appealing site.

Your most recent post emphasises how much you value feedback, and I am pleased to offer the following observations:

1. Excellent home page photo (and attractive photos throughout)

2. The site is photo-rich - probably a good approach as you are beautiful, and we chaps tend to be sooo visual

3. The dark red text on black colour scheme is impractical, being hard to read unless on full screen and in good light

4. The Activities list is exceptionally limited. Fine if it represents the full range of what you are prepared do, and I admire honesty, but I wonder whether you might be willing to do other things. It could be a deterrent to people contacting you as it currently stands

5. In my opinion, the site needs to say a bit more about what it is about BDSM and domination that inspires you, and how it makes you feel. The site strikes me as rather sparse on that front. Even the blog is mostly visual, although the most recent post conveys something of your philosophy - what you think - which is good.

I hope that this helps, and you take my very subjective comments in the constructive spirit in which they are intended.

Good luck in your new vocation, and please keep posting here

Subsequent qualification: please disregard my comment on Activities. I thought that the list ended at Role-Play, and I didn't scroll down on that subsection to see the full range of activities.

Last edited by forest; 09-11-2009 at 08:52. Reason: Qualifying a comment
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 15:33   #17
girlyslave

girlyslave is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Dear Mistress Hourglass

I loved your website and I haven't stopped thinking about it since

I didn't have any problems navigating around the site, though with the drop down menus it can be easy to miss sections of the site. Maybe the top menu (Introduction, Activities, Location, Tribute) should be inactive with the all the relevant sections to navigate to 'active' in the drop down lists underneath. At first I didn't realise this top bar was active sections of the site and I was clicking on the sections underneath

I would agree with some of the other comments, and maybe having separate sections for your 'blog' and 'galleries' pages etc using 'buttons' would make it much easier for people to navigate around the site, though I do like the style of drop down menus too

All the photos are fantastic, right from the home page which drew me straight in. (You are so very very beautiful). I really liked when clicking on a picture in the galley that it popped up bigger and quickly too

I also agree with SuperDomme that a blog should always be regularly updated. When I have seen a blog not been used for a while then it always makes me think that the Mistress is not sessioning anymore or has gone away or is not really interested in the lifestyle anymore, so puts me off. I don't know why but it just does

I really liked the text font and text size and also the spaces inbetween each paragraph, which made it much easier for me to read through as I was scrolling down. I do agree however that the 'colour' of the text did make it feel more difficult to read at times. I love the colour but it was getting lost with the background

For the 'Introduction' page, I was wondering whether this should be split into an 'updates' section and an 'About Me' section. Maybe when you first enter the site we see the latest updates to the site on this page as we currently do, and to read about you will be in its own section, rather than by scrolling down after the updates. Males are simple creatures and don't always get the information unless it is made easy to find (me included!)

I really liked putting the tribute prices on and your location. These are 2 pieces of information any client will have decided upon before contacting you which limits the timewasters. A client knows what is expected tribute-wise before contact and whether he/she can afford a session and how far they need to travel. Also, a client knows how much he has to save up for before contacting you to book a session

On the 'Bookings' page, I would personally add the times bookings are taken to e.g from 10am to ??. This means a client won't be calling late at night and also gives the information of what time you session until. As you session Monday to Fridays, then there will be clients who can only make a booking after their work, so if you session to say 8pm, then a client will know if they can arrange a booking after their work. And if you session to 5pm, then they know that they can't

As an idea, I was thinking of maybe including a predefined checklist that lists all the activities that you offer, with checkboxes next to each activity that say 'like' 'really like' 'don't like' ' no go' etc for example. This you can send to any client who contacts you about a session or you can have one on your site which then emails to you the answers. I always find this to be an easy and quick way for a Mistress to assess a client and what they wish from a session, and she can prepare easier a session with all the information she needs at hand. For a slave, he takes comfort that the Mistress he is going to session with, knows all of his likes and dislikes and what his limits are. Its not always easy to communicate 'all' the information through emails or phone calls. For example, I would put canning as a like that is little, which means I would feel comfortable that when the session starts I know the Mistress may cane me but she also knows I can't take a hard canning. And for activities that I really love that the Mistress can use me for as much enjoyment as she wishes to

If you would like me to, I can draft a checklist document for you that meets with your requirements, and also find links to Mistresses who have an online checklist for you to have a look at and get ideas from

As I started off by saying, I loved your website and totally agree with Mistress Rouge that it is a wonderful website of a Beautiful Mistress. I felt a lot of warmth from the design of the site and the overall colours. The most important part & warmth I got was You and how much you love your work as a Domme and want both to enjoy sessions with you as much as possible with any potential slave. I felt what a wonderful woman you are, as well as a Mistress, whilst also knowing you are the Domme and always in charge. I for one certainly would like the honour of session with you and to give you enjoyment and fun
girlyslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 15:54   #18
uc-ColiN

uc-ColiN is on a distinguished road

Nice web site, only two things i would try to change if it was possible.

1) make the box in the center of the screen a little bigger, seems sometimes alot of text to scroll up and down and there is alot of room to the right.

2) some of your photos, although great looking! are a little pixalated on my screen. Maybe reduced to small?

Other than that, fantastic, makes me want to session again!

ColiN