UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Mistress Reviews and Location Information Etc. > Mistress information sought

Old 15-06-2011, 17:47   #21
Optimist

Optimist is on a distinguished road

I had a session with Mistress Hourglass over a year ago and can thoroughly recommend her. I also think she would be excellent for a novice.

She was relatively new to pro domming when I saw her, which she was very open about. She is very professional in the right sense of the word. She ensured that she was trained by a highly experienced domme. She is very safety conscious, has high standards of hygiene and is very careful regarding client confidentiality, issues which are obviously important to all of us, but probably even more important to a novice.

Someone mentioned earlier that she was a little over priced which I have to disagree with. Firstly there is the lady herself and she also has excellent facilities with high quality equipment. I have been around enough to recognise Fetters dungeon furniture when I see it.

I hope folly does not think that this is a review.
Optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 20:30   #22
Anitafan

Anitafan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I had a session with Mistress Hourglass over a year ago and can thoroughly recommend her.

I hope folly does not think that this is a review.
And this is not a review either, but only to say that I have also met Mistress Hourglass, and although there was an issue with the session, I too would recommend her. She is careful and considerate, and great for a newbie, IMHO
Anitafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 21:39   #23
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default Get on with it

Jack,

Don't over analyse or fret yourself out of doing what you know you want. You have already taken sensible precautions, and Mistress Hourglass does appear to be a genuine and professional Dominatrix (as far as can be ascertained from remote net information - I have no personal knowledge of the Lady). Just do it. Make the call and keep your queries to practical issues. The success, or otherwise, of this communication will be a useful selection process for both parties. I would bet good money* that all goes well with this Mistress.

Ahhhh, how exciting and ripe with hope and potential is that initial step. I can almost taste my memories of that first visit, so vivid are my recollections. I only have to see a public phone booth, experience the strong bright light and hard shadows of a late summer afternoon or hear the cry of distant seagulls whilst the scent of ozone fills my nostrils and I'm back there once again starting out on my sensual adventure. Relish every moment because we pass this way but once. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly View Post
It is odd though: there's something about telephones I can't deal with. Face-to-face is okay because there's no hiding place; emails and letters are okay, because it's the written word, and I have to stand or fall by what I've said. So what is it with phones?
Folly,

Yes. I have exactly the same problem myself. In fact I think it's quite common. The trouble with those infernal speaking tubes is that they are a one dimensional form of communication lacking the power of facial and body gestures and (if the line is poor) also intonation. Add to this the immediacy and necessity to think on the hoof and respond quickly with little time for thought and it all adds up to quite a daunting task, especially when things matter. It's a practiced skill.

Give me the written word any day.

Regards,
Rimmer.

* Is there such a thing as bad money ?

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 20-06-2011 at 12:35.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 08:30   #24
markasub

markasub is on a distinguished road

I've nothing really to add to all the excellent advice above, other than to say that she will almost certainly have had plenty of calls from other nervous newbies in the past, so will doubtless treat you with tact and sensitivity. Dommes are human beings as well, you know!
Old 16-06-2011, 10:31   #25
Hairy Sub

Hairy Sub is on a distinguished road

Jack, I recentlt sessioned with Mistress Hourglass and posted a review on this site.

I have every confidence that you will be perfectly safe with her.

I'd suggest that you initiate contact with a brief email exchange. I find that always helps to break the ice before the first telephone call (which still makes me nervous after all these years).
Hairy Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 22:41   #26
jack

jack is on a distinguished road

Sincere thanks to all for the encouragement and advice - much appreciated and all taken on board!
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 22:53   #27
jack

jack is on a distinguished road

Sincere thanks to all for the encouragement and advice - much appreciated and all taken on board!
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 16:42   #28
MistressHourglass

MistressHourglass is on a distinguished road
Default this is so bizarre..

I have not been on here for a while and then I spy this thread!!!

A wise woman said to me, "you can't please all the people all the time".

All in all, I am heartened by the vast majority of balanced comments here.

Though one issue I feel uncomfortable with is there being some sort of 'publicity' stunt going on. Gentlemen, 95% of the men I see don't even know UK-Mistresses and the like exist!!!!!!! I pay for my advertising on London-Mistresses, Serious Mistresses and Tied'N'Teased. I don't need to have a much of a presence here to find men who want to visit my chamber.

And, in my humble opinion, if a Mistress does want to advertise on here, and or draw attention to herself in a positive manner........ what is the problem with that!!! I imagine that would be a large motivating factor to visiting these sites for the male visitors, to get an idea what is on offer in the Pro-Domme world, or am I missing something???

I have no interest, at my stage in life, on standing on ceremony anymore.... Now, I'm off to my yoga class..... LOL.

www.dominatrixmistresshourglass.co.uk

Last edited by MistressHourglass; 17-06-2011 at 16:47. Reason: ..... the usual, spelling
MistressHourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 14:39   #29
folly

folly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressHourglass View Post
or am I missing something???
Yes.

The issue is not with Mistresses advertising; I'm not sure that anyone has said or implied that on this thread. The issue is with (often) fly-by-night posters and sock puppets who break board rules and post reviews outside of the dedicated forum, and it's been happening a lot recently. Perfectly straightforward.

I don't stand on ceremony either, not even at my stage in life.
Old 19-06-2011, 18:57   #30
MistressHourglass

MistressHourglass is on a distinguished road
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly View Post
Hi jack, and good luck, but this does all feel a little bit 'engineered'. There's a review of the Mistress concerned at the top of the 'Reviews' forum currently, and you can search for posts by and about the Mistress concerned using the 'Search' function. Honestly, as a newbie, how much more do you need?

I was a newbie once, and a female newbie has sweet f*ck all evidence to go on when choosing whether to session or not (other reviews are important, of course, but they can't *ever* tell me how *we* might get on). I did what I needed to at the time, and met my Domme in r/l, which is what it takes for me to make up my mind.

Mistress Hourglass also posts on IC, and you can read her posts there.

This just seems yet another attempt to gain/create publicity for someone outside of the 'channels'... Though the banks of those particular channels are badly eroded these days. I'm sorry if that seems harsh and I may well be wrong; I write as I see.
...... so what do you mean by 'engineered'? And the bit about 'yet another attempt to gain/create publicity for someone outside of the 'channels'... Though the banks for those particular channels are badly eroded these days...." This sounds offensive to me, WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU GETTING AT?

I had no idea there was a thread about me. It feels a bit like people talking behind my back. It would have been polite if someone had told me that this was going on, rather than my chancing upon it.

The person who started this thread, I don't know him, as far as I am aware he was never contacted me. If people decide to respond giving their +/- review like comments (in the incorrect place) that is nothing to do with me...... And if there was a review done around about the same time, in the correct channels, that just happens to be a coincidence. I never initiate the asking any of the men I meet to do one. If they offer, fair enough, if not...... I am also fine with that!!

AS I HAVE STATED, I HAND OVER £££ FOR ADVERTISING AND HAVE NO DESIRE TO SUCK UP TO ANY OF THE MEN ON HERE.

As far as I am aware, it is not a hive of activity here anymore. When new people do post why not be more encouraging.
MistressHourglass is offline   Reply With Quote