UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Discussions of Interest

Old 04-07-2023, 10:45   #1
reefknot

reefknot can only hope to improve
Default Shibari

Shibari, (rope bondage) this is something I have always like the look and the process of Shibari. watching a skilled practitioner craft their work is I have always enjoyed observing

A few years ago I even did a few workshops, whilst I mainly like to be the one being tied I have played at tying playmates

In session there is something simple butt effective about rope as a restraint

Any other devotees of Shibari
Old 04-07-2023, 13:32   #2
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road
Default "Rope !" muttered Samwise Gamgee. "I knew I'd want it, if I hadn't got it" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefknot View Post
Shibari, (rope bondage) this is something I have always like the look and the process of Shibari. watching a skilled practitioner craft their work is I have always enjoyed observing

A few years ago I even did a few workshops, whilst I mainly like to be the one being tied I have played at tying playmates

In session there is something simple butt effective about rope as a restraint

Any other devotees of Shibari
It’s an art, centuries old, born out of an amalgam of Japanese martial and erotic culture.

"The Seductive Art Of Japanese Bondage" by Midori, is a great book regarding its visual impact and how to go about it.

Each chapter starts by showing a photo of a finished bondage pose - harnesses, hogties, standing and bent-over poses and then goes back and explains with text and drawings how each rope and knot is placed to achieve that result. I'm terrible at doing knots myself, but like the idea of it being done to me.

It's very intricate and a Mistress/Practitioner needs to put a lot of time into learning the methodology. So, attending workshops, watching videos and doing online learning is part of the process.

Although rope bondage does not seem at first glance, as restrictive as a bondage suit, it is equally effective and far more visually appealing and intricate. I would definitely want it...