UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 15-07-2021, 20:10   #1
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold
Default GB News

Genuinely perplexed at this. Okay for guests but not presenters - yet no company line

Honestly, can anyone untangle this?

GB News
@GBNEWS
·
Jul 15, 2021
GB News stands four square against racism in all its forms. We do not have a company line on taking the knee. Some of our guests have been in favour, some against. All are anti-racist. We have editorial standards that all GB News journalists uphold.

GB News
@GBNEWS
On Tuesday a contributing presenter took the knee live on air and this was an unacceptable breach of our standards.
Old 15-07-2021, 20:16   #2
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default It’s over to the GB news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
Genuinely perplexed at this. Okay for guests but not presenters - yet no company line

GB News
@GBNEWS
·
Jul 15, 2021
GB News stands four square against racism in all its forms. We do not have a company line on taking the knee. Some of our guests have been in favour, some against. All are anti-racist. We have editorial standards that all GB News journalists uphold.

GB News
@GBNEWS
On Tuesday a contributing presenter took the knee live on air and this was an unacceptable breach of our standards.
Probably promoting a personal political opinion which is against their intention to offer uncoloured unbiased news.

Read about it but can’t say I watch it because I don’t have a TV license.

The BBC tax is bleeding to death. It’s over.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 15-07-2021 at 22:42.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2021, 20:24   #3
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
Probably promoting a personal political opinion which is against there intention to offer uncoloured unbiased news.
Then Dan Wootton's in trouble...

I do drop in from time to time out of interest. It's a strange animal. Not quite sure what it's trying to do if I'm honest
Old 15-07-2021, 21:01   #4
reefknot

GB News aka Fox News ......................... GB News is about as unbiased as a right leaning banana
Old 15-07-2021, 21:11   #5
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default Going bananas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefknot View Post
GB News aka Fox News ......................... GB News is about as unbiased as a right leaning banana
That’s how the real world appears outside the echo-chamber of Tw*tter.

Almost everything is to the right of Tw*tter, even anti-racism oddly enough.

Speaking of bananas, girl do I have a story to recount.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 15-07-2021 at 21:19.
Old 16-07-2021, 13:05   #6
Bjorn Brimble
Banned

Bjorn Brimble can only hope to improve

Quote:

It's a right-wing news channel targeting right-wing viewers.

Except those viewers aren't happy. Presenters aren't racist enough.

That guy taking the knee has meant that some shows have recorded no viewers.

Yep. ZERO viewers.

So they had to get rid of him to get their viewers back. Sacked for offending the lynch mob.

Problem is if they go too reactionary/racist they lose money from advertising. Firms won't want to be associated with them. And who could blame them.

They should be supporting that guy's right to free speech. Not cancelling him.

Already they've become an absurd parody of themselves. Quite funny.

Remember nothing makes much sense in right-wing toxic bell-ends' heads anymore.

Pacifists = trouble makers
Jews = anti-semites
Millionaire footy players = Marxists
anti-racists = Nasty peoples
People who want to save the planet = dangerous extremists

You know the score by now Lisal surely?

Imagine being one

Last edited by Bjorn Brimble; 16-07-2021 at 13:07.
Bjorn Brimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2021, 13:20   #7
Slutty Rimmer

Default What ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Brimble View Post

Jews = anti-semites
Jews = anti-Semites ?

Eh, how does that work ?

Tell you what though, if GB-N is as awful as you say then not only does it highlight how ‘toxic’ taking-the-knee has become but also there’s nothing to worry about, you can relax and maybe dial down the bile to just ‘Nasty’ rather than ‘Toxic’.

Imagine being permanently that angry in your own alien world.

#bekind ?

Kind Regards,
Mercy Muroki.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 16-07-2021 at 16:50.
Old 16-07-2021, 14:38   #8
Lisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Brimble View Post
It's a right-wing news channel targeting right-wing viewers.

Except those viewers aren't happy. Presenters aren't racist enough.

That guy taking the knee has meant that some shows have recorded no viewers.

Yep. ZERO viewers.

So they had to get rid of him to get their viewers back. Sacked for offending the lynch mob.

Problem is if they go too reactionary/racist they lose money from advertising. Firms won't want to be associated with them. And who could blame them.

They should be supporting that guy's right to free speech. Not cancelling him.

Already they've become an absurd parody of themselves. Quite funny.

Remember nothing makes much sense in right-wing toxic bell-ends' heads anymore.

Jews = anti-semites

You know the score by now Lisal surely?

Imagine being one
Yeah

I get all that

I was more perplexed with the way they tried to explain/justify it - completely bizarre.

Since I posted more has come to light - including their viewing figures on the day after

They sure got themselves in a hole. As you suggest they reverted to their core audience. Interesting reading an interview with Colin Brazier before the launch saying how refreshing it was to be able to speak your own mind without constraints as a presenter

As Neil Oliver said

Scottish presenter Neil Oliver supported his colleague’s decision to take the knee.

Neil wrote on Twitter: ‘My @GBNEWS teammate @Guto_Harri is right to say and do as he sees fit. I do the same. That’s the ethos of the channel. Free speech. We don’t all agree with each other – that’s the point, or else where’s the debate?
Old 16-07-2021, 15:42   #9
Slutty Rimmer

Default Do it or boo it.

Quote:
Yeah

I get all that

I was more perplexed with the way they tried to explain/justify it - completely bizarre.

Since I posted more has come to light - including their viewing figures on the day after

They sure got themselves in a hole. As you suggest they reverted to their core audience. Interesting reading an interview with Colin Brazier before the launch saying how refreshing it was to be able to speak your own mind without constraints as a presenter

As Neil Oliver said

Scottish presenter Neil Oliver supported his colleague’s decision to take the knee.

Neil wrote on Twitter: ‘My @GBNEWS teammate @Guto_Harri is right to say and do as he sees fit. I do the same. That’s the ethos of the channel. Free speech. We don’t all agree with each other – that’s the point, or else where’s the debate?
I’ve always liked Neil Oliver, very intelligent and likeable historian-presenter.

So is GB-N the far right racist cesspit which Bjornface is making out ?

I can’t believe their (very likeable) presenters would get involved with such a ‘toxic’ channel. Or is it more the other side are fearful of opposing opinions being heard, you know ‘cancel-culture’ as they call it in the culture wars. Presenters though should always keep their own opinions silent. Good presenters like Paxo were equally viscous to all politicians and kept viewers uncertain of his allegiances. Since Tw*tter this is less so which is why the BBC finds itself on the sharp end of the culture war.

As for TTK, do it or boo it or ignore it. Who cares ? I like to see one and hear the other because I then know we are not far from an open society. It’s a free country and expression of legitimate opinions is all good, whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant. Tolerance of opinions is what matters. A guy has a right to kneel if he wants to and another guy has a right to boo him for it if he wants to, they aren’t interfering with each other and it’s not as if sound trumps sight or vice-versa. Anyway apart from a few politicians and a few sportsmen and sportswomen and the odd celeb, nobody does it anyway. It really is just over-hyped posturing which means sweet FA.

Oooops, I dragged the FA into a thread about politics. Keep footy out of politics !

Kind Regards,
Mercy Muroki,
Somewhere in GB.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 16-07-2021 at 16:25.
Old 16-07-2021, 16:28   #10
Lisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
I’ve always liked Neil Oliver, very intelligent and likeable historian-presenter.

So is GB-N the far right racist cesspit which Bjornface is making out ?

I can’t believe their (very likeable) presenters would get involved with such a ‘toxic’ channel. Or is it more the other side are fearful of opposing opinions being heard, you know ‘cancel-culture’ as they call it in the culture wars. Presenters though should always keep their own opinions silent. Good presenters like Paxo were equally viscous to all politicians and kept viewers uncertain of his allegiances. Since Tw*tter this is less so which is why the BBC finds itself on the sharp end of the culture war.

As for TTK, do it or boo it or ignore it. Who cares ? I like to see it and hear it because I then know we are not far from an open society. It’s a free country and expression of legitimate opinions is all good, whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant. Anyway apart from a few politicians and a few sportsmen and sportswomen and the odd celeb, nobody does it anyway. It really is just over-hyped posturing which means sweet FA.

Oooops, I dragged the FA into a thread about politics. Keep footy out of politics !

Kind Regards,
Mercy Muroki,
Somewhere in GB.
It can be

Dan Wootton is pretty obnoxious but fancies himself.. (my right wing gay mate says he is not popular on the scene) But his programmes are the most watched....

Tbh I don't think it's (as it is anyway) anything for the left to worry about. It's struggling at the moment for an identity - if it's true McAndrew has gone then it might lurch towards the culture wars that it's core support want to see/hear. Which will put into question it's stated aims about being neutral

Cancel culture - well they've cancelled Harri - so not sure where they are going with that

Free speech eh... all nice and rosy when you are talking about it - not quite so easy when you are a channel that's trying to implement it...

You should watch it Slutty rather than opine on something you have never seen. No TV licence - it's available (or parts of it) on YouTube I believe...