UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Mistress Reviews and Location Information Etc. > Mistress information sought

Old 10-12-2012, 19:54   #1
Lisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Susannah View Post
Fair enough. I'm glad I wasn't around then to deal with such unprofessional bullshit though.
Thing is, though, if you had been around at that time you wouldn't have known that it was unprofessional bullshit - which is true of how it was for a lot of us

And, at the time, quite a bit of it was likely not unprofessional bullshit. Everyone - dommes and subs alike - were learning about how it should be and how it should work. Most of what was done was done in good faith ( I might exclude the peephole from that!!!!!)

Last edited by Lisal; 10-12-2012 at 22:42.
Old 10-12-2012, 22:43   #2
Mistress Susannah

Mistress Susannah will become famous soon enoughMistress Susannah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
Thing is, though, if you had been around at that time you wouldn't have known that it was unprofessional bullshit - which is true of how it was for a lot of us

And, at the time, quite bit of it was likely not unprofessional bullshit. Everyone - dommes and subs alike - were learning about how it should be and how it should work. Most of what was done was done in good faith ( I might exclude the peephole from that!!!!!)
Um... I know not to show private correspondence to people (complete with explicit pictures) not because of "how things are done" but because I actually have a little respect for the discretion of all of those who come into my life.

I'm merely mentioning how little condemnation there is on this thread for things like that. They appear to be mentioned as curious oddities from "ye good olde days" rather than what I would consider to be pretty dispicable behaviour, regardless of the century!
Mistress Susannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 23:03   #3
Lisal

Quote:
Um... I know not to show private correspondence to people (complete with explicit pictures) not because of "how things are done" but because I actually have a little respect for the discretion of all of those who come into my life.

I'm merely mentioning how little condemnation there is on this thread for things like that. They appear to be mentioned as curious oddities from "ye good olde days" rather than what I would consider to be pretty dispicable behaviour, regardless of the century!
Well maybe.

I am not sure any of us can really say how we would be in a different time and in a different place. I share your views now - 35 years ago it just wasn't something that struck me as odd or wrong - in that particular situation as it was all very new to a lot of us.

I honestly think it was because of this - no-one really saw it as wrong - that there isn't the condemnation that you mention. We kind of know how everyone was thinking and feeling and there was no bad intent behind it. You see it as despicable behaviour - most of uswho posted on this thread who knew the lady involved would (I think anyway) say that she was a good person who gave a lot of us a real leg up on the ladder of sessioning. It doesn't mean that she didn't get it wrong at times - but not with any malice involved

I was going to start a thread in DoI on this difference between how current dommes and us veteran subs look at these phone card days. I may yet but it could get a bit heated which I want to avoid.

Last edited by Lisal; 11-12-2012 at 18:21.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:05   #4
GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman will become famous soon enoughGordonFreeman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I should firstly point out that my comment 'Happy Days' has been taken out of context. I was of course referring to my own personal memories and not to Miss Trisha's arrangements irrespective of what others views may be. As for the view that we refer to 'curious oddities' in 'ye good olde days' which in more enlightened times are to some 'pretty despicable behaviour' I think we can all think of other situations like this. We are all aware of our own past when we may have behaved despicably with hindsight but it should not stop up us from recalling past times with pleasure which is really how this thread started before it went off track. As L P Hartley wrote "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 11-12-2012 at 12:44.
GordonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote