UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Discussions of Interest

Old 17-06-2010, 20:27   #1
folly

folly is on a distinguished road

Yeah but... 'spiritual' doesn't need to have any connection with religion - gods, devils or inbetweenies. Surely it's about connecting with a space that isn't easily described. I have my spiritual dimension, but it's by no means religious.

I've certainly experienced some wonderful head spaces - but as Entropy Tango intimates, there's no predicting when or how they might happen. They do or they don't, and if they don't, there'll be all kinds of other incredible things going on.

I don't think pain needs a purpose. People take or desire to take pain for all manner of reasons. It may be because as a sub or slave, it's being asked of you; it may be because the particular application connects directly to your groin, or indeed to the cerebral equivalent. I just like it, spiritual portal or not.
Old 19-06-2010, 22:19   #2
sub rob

sub rob will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly View Post
I don't think pain needs a purpose. People take or desire to take pain for all manner of reasons.
yes but.... no but......... erm......

I do think that what the head does with pain is in many ways related to the purpose of pain, I agree that people take pain for a whole variety of reasons but I'm not sure whether I agree that pain doesn't necessarily need a purpose, but then I can only relate it to my experiences.

I have in the past looked in a very minimalistic way to spiritual guidance and experience to give comfort in life, and I have also enjoyed a variety of pain play, but I must admit I've never really put the two together. For me pain is generally about a number of reasons, its about power dynamics, about giving and receiving, and sometimes about discipline and sometimes about pleasure. I guess those have tended to be the most common for me. I have gone off into sub space occasionally where I find myself in a kind of blissful sense of happiness, but I don't really see the "spiritual connection" as such.
sub rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 12:16   #3
folly

folly is on a distinguished road

For pain to have a purpose, doesn't that purpose have to be 'known' beforehand? It might have an effect or consequences that are not known or expected up-front, but I don't think it can have an unknown purpose (unless the purpose, of course, is the Dominant's, but then we can reduce everything to the context of Top/bottom, D/s if we want... ). Surely a purpose has to be intended? I don't take pain with any specific intention in mind, and so pain is its own purpose. And it can't both be itself and have itself. Ermmmm.....