UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Discussions of Interest

Old 07-06-2010, 19:04   #1
Lisal

Default Gifts for the lady

I see quite a few subs who say that they take a small gift along for their dommes when they visit for a session

I was just wondering what kind of form these presents take. Without being too specific it would be interesting to get a feel for what subs like to take and what mistresses like to receive

A bit of a cheapskate myself. I only take a gift occasionally (I think my mere presence is enough to bring joy to her life..) and then it's something that catches my eye which I know she will like or will amuse her. Last time I went to one of those old time real sweet shops (I love them) which had opened near session place and got her some of her favuurite sweeties from yesteryear. Not much (and certainly not expensive) but she loved them

Old 07-06-2010, 19:24   #2
buckssub

buckssub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
(I think my mere presence is enough to bring joy to her life..)
I'm sure all subs think that way I know I do

I always take some flowers for Mistress. I may also take other small treats, e.g. if I have been away on a business trip prior to a session there could be hazelnut wafers from Vienna, dessert wine from Germany/Austria, vegetarian bacon bits, strawberry fig Newtons or chocolate covered macadamia nuts from the USA, etc, etc.
Old 07-06-2010, 19:38   #3
sub rob

sub rob will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
I see quite a few subs who say that they take a small gift along for their dommes when they visit for a session

I was just wondering what kind of form these presents take. Without being too specific it would be interesting to get a feel for what subs like to take and what mistresses like to receive
I used to take gifts when I sessioned years ago with someone, but it is one of those things I have kind of stopped doing, no conscious reason but it just stopped happening.

I am always very conscious that a gift should be something she would want and enjoy, so when I used to take gifts I was constantly asking very candid questions and looking around her premises just to try and get clues of things she might like - god knows if I got it right or not. And I didn't want to resort to the old favourites of wine and chocs etc, I tried to make it something different. So I got a hint that there were certain fragrances she liked, so candles and fragranced gifts were something I bought quite regularly. But I think it is all about the lady and finding the kind of things she likes.
sub rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 20:25   #4
Peter

Peter will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't describe myself as a cheapskate but I am not in the habit of taking any gifts either. One reason is that buying gifts might seen by the mistress as a way of attempting to win her affection. In fact, this situation pertains to many relationships. Generally speaking, if anyone is thoughtful or pleasant towards me then those sentiments will be reciprocated. Perhaps, I may remember her birthday or give her a small gift at Christmas but my biggest gifts will be my trust, loyalty and support. All of these are, of course, dependent on whether I like and trust her as a person and a friend. I would never dream of taking flowers for one reason. Over on IC at the moment (I read it but don't contribute) there is a very entertaining thread on 'neighbours' in which one or two provocative posters are being savaged by a pack of mistresses. Now, depending on the number of clients a mistress might see a week, a regular procession of men turning up at the door with Interflora's finest might not be the most discreet approach in the world - especially if the client has been nervously parading up and down the street for ten minutes glancing at his watch at frequent intervals. Even worse if the flowers are bought in the corner shop! No guys, the more you look like the man from the Pru the less attention you will draw from the curtain-twitching locals.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 21:20   #5
bladerunner

Default A gift for Mistress

A pair of FF nylons every time .....mmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-06-2010, 21:26   #6
Mistress Scarlett Black

Mistress Scarlett Black is on a distinguished road

Yes Seamed Nylons does it for me too ! contrast are my favourite
Old 07-06-2010, 21:30   #7
MistressKent

MistressKent is on a distinguished road
Default Cigarettes

Benson and Hedges gold always makes me smile. It means a submissive has actually taken the time to read up on me!

Gifts are not necessary, but, are obviously most welcome. One young man brought me some rather lush chocolates Green and Blacks in different flavours. Nice gestures always go down well with the ladies in general!

Stockings.. a great gift for both the Dom and sub yes!

xx
MistressKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 15:53   #8
stdavid

stdavid is on a distinguished road

A little gift now and then is nice, usually something she wants which i pick up from meetings with her, no point getting something she does not want
stdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 17:14   #9
snook

snook is on a distinguished road

In a sense a present is more like actual tribute than money, like a vassal bringing a herd of cows, slave boys, a chest full of pearls, precious silks, pearls from the Orient etc. ..... or a Prada bag, Louboutin shoes, er..... any other suggestions ...........

....... and it is also like an ancient sacrifice to a goddess - if she is a goddess, that is! Just don't burn those Jimmy Choos ......
snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 19:26   #10
scapey
Posting rights removed

scapey is on a distinguished road

How about giving her one of these rare gifts----

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...oing-them.html

PS.please forgive me using the DM to link to it
scapey is offline   Reply With Quote