UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Discussions of Interest

Old 27-07-2015, 13:29   #1
Phillip

Phillip is on a distinguished road
Default Mistresses and the press

A few days ago the Daily Newspapers, Mirror Sun Telegraph et al were suffering from lack of content and latched on to the story that a Mistress operating a dungeon in South East London had been raided by the police. This incident being precipitated by a tip from a neighbour that there were armed men on her premises. These turned out to be actors in a video being made in the house which doubles as a location studio. Neighbours including the local tennis club which abuts the property joined (anonymously) in a chorus of disapproval about goings on that might frighten the kiddies or worse affect property values. Nothing new in any of that of course except that such stories used to be the domain of the unlamented News of the World.
Several things that struck me reading the story on the web, one was that a number of comments added by readers were very derogatory about the Mistresses looks, quite unjustly in my view. Another was that having satisfied themselves that the only weapons being employed were toy plastic truncheons the Police left without making any charges and ignoring other possible breaches of the law. So hysteria won.
It reminded me of another incident a few years ago when a Mistress who was at the time quite active and involved with this board became the focus of Press attention when she fell fowl of the law for activities that had nothing to do with her role as a Pro Dommes. The column inches on that occasion similarly focused on "Miss Whiplash" type hysteria and shortly thereafter the Mistress involved retired. Sadly the Mistresses involved here have decided to relocate and curtail some of their activities although their website promises a relocation and return to full usage in the near future which I hope will be the case.
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mistress, press