UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Medical advice and Information Exchange

Old 19-04-2024, 10:25   #1
Holofernes

Holofernes is on a distinguished road
Default Mini-Stroke

I had a TIA (mini-stroke) a couple of weeks ago. I saw a doctor immediately and am on a lifelong regime of pills. Has anyone any experience of sessioning after a TIA?
Old 19-04-2024, 11:36   #2
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road
Default Stuff that might be of interest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
I had a TIA (mini-stroke) a couple of weeks ago. I saw a doctor immediately and am on a lifelong regime of pills. Has anyone any experience of sessioning after a TIA?
No experience of anyone sessioning, after what would be the usual follow up drug regimes, but the following may be of interest.

The new novel anti-coagulant drugs (ending in .ban) and dabigatran are now the first-line option for anticoagulation in venous thromboembolism (VTE) risk. Aspirin, ACE inhibitors and statins are also likely to be part of the therapy.

While the novel anti-coagulant drugs have a favourable bleeding profile compared with Warfarin (a vitamin K antagonist), they can be associated with major bleeding events.

The antidote to Warfarin bleeds is Vitamin K, which is ubiquitous and straightforward, but the esoteric reversal agents Andexanet alfa and idarucizumab are used in life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding with rivaroxaban/apixaban or dabigatran, respectively. The antidote prices to the NHS are very dear, in the region of £11,100 per pack (4 × 200 mg vials) for the .ban drugs or £2,400 per 5 g (2 × 2.5 g/50 ml) for dabigatran. That means the NHS cost to stop a single major bleed incident could be in the region of £14,000-£25,000.

Obviously, any activity that might pose a risk of bleeding or a rapidly developing haematoma would not be a good idea. And should antidote therapy be required there is the moral dilemma of avoidable cost to a limited resource health system...
Old 19-04-2024, 11:54   #3
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

So no getting your arse whipped ……… understand

I wish you well me old friend.
Old 20-04-2024, 09:50   #4
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear this Holo

My dad had some tias - he continued life pretty must as before but - as ex says - avoiding anything that might involve bleeding etc would be sensible
Old 22-04-2024, 15:46   #5
Hairy Sub

Hairy Sub is on a distinguished road

I had a suspected TIA a bit over a year ago.

I am now on aspirin, statins and blood pressure medication.

I have noticed no difference and have sessioned quite a few times since.
Hairy Sub is offline   Reply With Quote