UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Scene News and Product/Vendor Reviews > Event Reviews

Old 09-08-2016, 09:28   #31
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
This reminds me of another Wodehouse quote "The only thing that stands between us and success...is complete abject failure. All we have to do is hurdle that and we have it made !".
Pole positions and fastest laps. In the final analysis, its about Bringing It All Back Home and doing a Plum job.

"In the dime stores and bus stations
People talk of situations
Read books, repeat quotations
Draw conclusions on the wall
Some speak of the future
My love, she speaks softly
She knows there's no success like failure
And that failure's no success at all"...
Old 09-08-2016, 11:10   #32
Des

Des is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
As mentioned before, I really disliked Senna but I do not deny he was good, very good...but was that lap really the the best ever ?

A meaningless question I know, but for a start I would put forward every single lap raced by Jackie Stewart during the rain sodden and fog blighted 1968 Grand Prix at the Nurbergring. A race which he won by a monumental 4 minutes !!

!".
And if you had been watching the Monaco Grand Prix in 1970 you might think that Rindt's last 20 or so laps eclipsed anything seen before or since. In a car with the crash resistance of beer cans. Like Stewart's.
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 15:28   #33
ex nihilo

Default It's what Ayrton would have done...

Not really fair of Mercedes to try and kerb a drivers’s natural competitive instinct by issuing team orders while the battle for the World Championship is still in play.

I can’t see anything wrong with slowing down, bunching the leading pack and squeezing Rosberg into making a mistake and losing a couple of places or having a DNF. It was an acceptable strategy, if Rosberg was still rolling in second place, in the latter stages of the race

It’s what anyone with a winner mentality would have done.

Best driver came second in the Championship, thanks mainly to surprising reliability issues.

It’s certainly upped the ante for next season…
Old 29-11-2016, 11:46   #34
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

Pleased for several reasons* that Rosberg won.

Pleased also that Hamilton paid no heed of the team order to speed up. The tactic of backing-up Rosberg into the chasers was an obvious and perfectly legitimate plan. It was the only option available and is exactly what the real greats from the past would have also done...Prost, Senna, Mansell, Piquet, and even Lauda himself. There can be no complaints.

Unfortunately, Formula 1 is still mind numbingly dull to watch at present.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

* When my doorstep lady found out I was also supporting Rosberg she made a rash promise should he go onto win the championship. I shall be calling in that promise very soon. Unfortunately he did not also win the race so the additional reward will not be fulfilled, Damn !!!!...and I have such a thing about her in spectacles.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 23:58   #35
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default A mind can blow those clouds away.

I have just been reading Damon Hill's autobiography in which he recounts his early days struggling impecuniously after the untimely death of his father Graham. A young man born to race who was diverted into the local college to study 'business studies' and yet still came out a racer.

Two things struck me as being beautiful. Niki Lauda had advised him not to be afraid to borrow money because if you believe that you can succeed then the outcome is certain and hence there is actually no risk in the undertaking. The risk is a product of the uncertainty i.e. only the faint hearted need to be concerned, not the winners.

Also, having fallen short of his financial backing required to continue in the lower formulae he was about to give in...just before receiving a phone call from a 'softly spoken Liverpudlian voice'. A man who later taught him that all things must pass...

...and who never accepted any offered repayment.

Kind Regards,
The Fireman.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 11-06-2017 at 10:58.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:22   #36
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Made me smile, the thought of a young man being afraid to borrow money yet not afraid to enter into the world of one of the most dangerous sports.
Old 27-06-2017, 11:04   #37
ex nihilo

Default Crazy in Baku...

Just watched a recording of the Azerbaijan GP. An interesting, exciting race but crazy race with an unexpected result.

Lewis was very unlucky with his headrest coming loose and having to pit to get the problem sorted. Vettel was lucky not to get black flagged after deliberately side swiping and banging wheels with Lewis as the safety car was about to leave the track. Lewis gained the moral high ground in the encounter.

The F1 marketing folk will love the fact that there will now be an ongoing spat between the two drivers...
Old 04-09-2017, 07:52   #38
ex nihilo

Default From pole to pole...

Well done, Lewis. At present he has accrued more race victories than any other British driver in the history of F1 (59), and holds records for the all-time most career points (2,485), the most wins at different circuits (24), the all-time most pole positions (69), as well as achieving the joint-most podium finishes in a season (17).

An average of nearly 7 poles a season is pretty incredible...